Assistant Producer, ecommerce
Our client, a leading ecommerce brand, is looking for a contract Assistant Producer for a long term assignment. The Assistant Producer is responsible for supporting the overall operations and quality assurance of the websites. The Assistant Producer will execute website testing activities within company websites. This includes site content and promotional activity. Also responsible for working with manager and other cross functional partners to resolve defects found on the production site and within the website tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Website & Email
• Works within content management tool to execute all scheduled website updates.
• Performs the final assessment and approval of marketing content, website promotions, and emails prior to publishing on company websites. Requires hands-on testing of the following website components:
o copy – including marketing copy, alt tags
o page links – ensure proper page loads o product image accuracy
o all expected content is viewable on correct page
o tests both static and flash (if available) versions of content
o regularly place complete orders in checkout
o browser compatibility, including Firefox, IE, and Safari
o promo code validation
• Coordinates review and final sign-off of website content with other Production team members; documents feedback and manages any required changes.
• Owns the documentation, maintenance, and communication of the weekly marketing push schedule; works with manager to ensure accuracy on an on-going basis.
• Partners with 3rd party email vendor to deliver files and documents necessary to distribute marketing emails on a regular basis.
Site Features/Customer Experience
• Works closely with team in tracking and troubleshooting defects found, clearly communicating issues and the potential root cause. Escalates issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
• Assists team on various projects to help improve the overall site experience.
• May be asked to assist with special projects as needed.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Understanding of Internet technologies and web-based content publishing, production, and UI issues.
• Understanding of web production and release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technologies.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and IT counterparts, leveraging best practices and providing assistance when needed. Process driven.
• Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work independently with a constant sense of ownership for the quality assurance of site.
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
3) Minimum experience:
• 1-2 years online experience in testing or in a web production environment.
• 1+ years experience in an Internet environment. Retail eCommerce experience a plus.