Assistant Tech Designer
Leading Action Sports Brand located in Orange County is looking for an Assistant Tech Designer to assist their team immediately!
Essential Functions of this Role:
- Prepare and measure incoming samples and fit models for fit sessions and meetings.
- Coordinate, create, send and track Fit Schedules with Fit Models, Agencies, Technical Designers, Designers and Developers.
- Maintain, organize and track incoming and outgoing samples for the department.
- Assist Technical Design Team when developing and updating the garment technical specifications using PLM to complete Design Tech Packs using block patterns and Market Samples.
- Daily organization and upkeep of Fit Comments and Technical Records from 1st Proto Sample through Bulk Production.
- Interface with Technical Design and Product Development Team to ensure all deadlines are met. Adherence to Product Development Calendars and Vans/VF SOPs, to ensure timely completion of Fit Comments to VF Offices/Factories.
- College Degree in Fashion/Apparel Design (emphasis on: Apparel Production, Patternmaking & Fit) or, equivalent experience.
- 0-1 year experience in Apparel Technical Design, or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of garment fitting, construction and patternmaking.
- Attention to detail, accurate and articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Accountable to follow through on a task from beginning to end.
- Proactive, self-motivated, problem solving and results oriented with a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to adhere to Product Development Calendar.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook (or, equivalent), Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM (or, equivalent); able to operate Digital Camera. product categories.