Assistant Technical Designer
Our client is a well-known apparel company creating popular apparel and accessories. Their cool, on-trend, and contemporary designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
As the Assistant Technical Designer, you would be responsible for measuring and evaluating fit samples through all stages and ensuring samples meet required specs, garment construction, and workmanship.
• Measure and evaluate fit samples through all stages, ensuring samples meet required specs, garment construction, and workmanship
• Help with fittings, take fit notes, prepare fit comments, and illustrate fit corrections via flat detailed sketches utilizing Photoshop or illustrator
• Assist in handling daily communication with overseas vendors and prepare samples to be shipped out by completing appropriate paperwork
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in fashion design or merchandise product development
• 1+ years’ experience in apparel industry with knowledge of measuring, flat sketching, and garment construction
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop