Assistant Technical Designer
Assistant Technical Designer:
Our client based in Los Angeles, a women's contemporary fashion brand, has a great opportunity for an Assistant Technical Designer. This role will liaison between the Sr. and Jr. Technical Designers to maintain the flow of information between factories and internal departments. The position must be able to perform basic tech design related tasks.
- Prepare fit samples for the fit session.
- Assist senior staff in fit sessions on a live model.
- Ensure accurate notes/digital pictures are made in the fit session. Assist in creating of accurate fit comments
- Assist in the creating of tech packs including measurements, grading and construction details.
- Maintain sample closet
- Interact daily with Design and Production teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College Degree in Patternmaking or/and Technical Design
- At least one year related experience/ Internship experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer proficiency with; Excel, Illustrator and PLM
- Sewing skills; ability to work basic sewing/pressing equipment
Product Development Manager
Los Angeles based- Our client is a popular fashion brand revolutionizing the industry with trendsetting styles applauded by fashionistas everywhere. With their modern, cool, and fashion-forward designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
Product Development Manager Overview:
As the Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for working with R&D to ensure all product development achieves the highest quality standards. You will also be responsible for presenting key business opportunities and conducting competitive analysis.
Product Development Manager Responsibilities:
• Develop formula and claims and partner with R&D and ensure all product development achieves the highest quality standards
• Conduct competitive analysis, industry studies, sales data, and SWOT analyses to identify new short term and long-term opportunities
• Present key business opportunities and meet with sub-contractors and the raw material supplier to propose ingredient approach • Evaluate competitive analysis and survey, identify new product ideation, and develop and present proposals
Product Development Manager Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree • 5+ years’ product development experience
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and creative skills