Assistant Technical Designer (Entry Level okay!)
Our client, a well-known apparel company, is looking for an Assistant Technical Designer to join their team!
The overall job description & qualifications are as outlined below:
• Accurately measure & evaluate fit samples through all stages, ensuring samples meet required specs, garment construction & workmanship.
• Assist with fittings, taking fit notes and preparing fit comments. Illustrate fit corrections via flat detailed sketches utilizing Photoshop or illustrator.
• Assist in handling daily communication with overseas vendors.
• Preparing samples to be shipped out by completing appropriate paperwork.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
AA or BA degree in Fashion Design or Merchandise Product Development.
Have at least one year prior experience in apparel industry with knowledge of measuring, flat sketching & garment construction.
Computer Savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.