Associate Apparel Designer- ACTIVE
Our client is an iconic fashion brand creating the latest must-have in Activewear. Their fashion-forward designs continue to transform the industry every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Coordinate fabrics, trims, lab dips, and print strike offs, work with factories to produce sales samples, source fabrics and trims with suppliers, and partner with the print studio to develop graphics
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design
• 3-5 years’ design experience
• Active Experience a MUST
• Womens exp a MUST and Mens a PLUS
• Strong detail-oriented skills and knowledge of fabric, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
• Proficient with PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite