Associate Brand Manager-Skincare-West San Fernando Valley, CA
EXCITING BEAUTY ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER ROLE OPEN OVERSEEING SKINCARE FOR AN AMAZING GROWING COMPANY BASED IN WEST SAN FERNANDO VALLEY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the Fragrance Director and Brand Manager, The Associate Brand Manager will be responsible for developing product assortments that provide trend-right, global-market-compelling and category growing innovation.
- Another key responsibility will be helping to implement marketing and strategy plans to achieve sales goals and objectives of the category.
- Specifically, he/she will be responsible for preparing strategy briefing decks, developing line plans, product vision and strategies through analysis and market insight to deliver quarterly and annual revenue and profit plans.
- In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for helping to manage the NPD process, which includes product profile submission, project data entry, cost analysis, creative review, global market interaction, and timeline requirement tracking.
- He/she will also assist in meeting preparation by creating and finalizing documents and presentation decks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Strategic Framework
- Create product-level strategy and competitive market analysis
- Work with Fragrance Director on new product launch strategies
- Create and maintain launch calendars on an on-going basis
- Undertake various marketing analytics such as: product performance sales, competitive environment, post launch, regional, and sales analyses
- Manage the category product portfolio, recommending the right mix and discontinuations to ensure the right size of line
- Work with Fragrance Director and Brand Manager to determine appropriate marketing spend & activation budgets
- Assist in other project work / ad hoc task forces New Product Development
- Participate in development of Product Idea Generation & Product Conceptual Development
- Create Design Briefs from competitive review, market trends, and moodboard direction
- Issue Concept Brief (with Annual Quantities, Comparative Cost Targets, etc.)
- Undertake analytical product evaluation with NPD assessment team
- Evaluate packaging submissions
- Manage relationships with fragrance houses and evaluate submissions (originality, appropriateness for market, lastingness etc.)
- Conduct Panel Test Questionnaires and C.U.T. or other testing
- Undergo necessary NPD steps such as name clearance/ artwork preparation/ preparation of mockups
- Interface with cross functional teams including fragrance houses, package design, engineering, market forecasting and creative etc. to ensure execution of new product launches and seasonal marketing programs
- Prepare and issue market information packages and promotional material
- Coordinate meetings with cross functional teams (Creative, R&D, Packaging Engineers, etc.) to ensure projects stay on track Communication and Market Activation Planning
- Prepare and present the annual Global Product Plan based off category direction & product analytics
- Prepare for, attend and present at global/market level marketing meetings and directors conferences
- Support work on key launch new product communication development (cataloge text, promotion material, videos, photos, social media directions, sales support material, etc.)
- Prepare WW launch activation plans for key new developments
- Interact with international leaders to understand their market needs
- Create new product launch presentations and new product briefings to markets
- Review catalogue branding product layouts and create product text direction
- Achieve and communicate all relevant promotion and product details to markets Market Support Resources
- Work with Fragrance Director in the size of line and product grid update
- Manage NPD Tracking Schedule update
- Keep the Product Library photography up to date
- Assist in further brand/ product development support role projects as required Working Relationships
- Promote teamwork between cross department NPD partners (Manufacturing, R&D, and global Markets)
- Build strong mutually respectful relationships with external parties including suppliers and external designers
Qualifications & Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
A strong Associate Brand Manager must clearly understand the beauty landscape (preferably fragrance), including in-depth experience with product and packaging development, with a concentration on the omni-channel competitive landscape, including Direct Selling, Digital and Social Media retailers, and deliver an appropriate mix of trend, global market knowledge, historical sales data and instinct to ideate and deliver true product innovation in accordance with the brand values.
Degree in Business Administration or equivalent required. MBA/Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of product marketing experience, in international product development/brand management of beauty/consumer goods/Direct Selling.
Experience within the Fragrance is preferred.
- Excellent conceptual development skills.
- Fragrance development and evaluation experience a plus (in collaboration with fragrance houses).
- Strategic/analytical thinking combined with strong numeric and verbal reasoning.
- Creative with a strong knowledge of color and fashion trends.
- A multi-tasker, with high level of detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with others; to create a cross-departmental successful team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. Spanish language skills preferred.
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”