Associate Communications Manager
Associate Communication Manager
6 Month Contract
Our client is a leading game company in the Seattle area. They are seeking an Associate Communications Manager who will help build excitement for the upcoming Transformers TCG through a steady drumbeat of compelling coverage and hands-on marketing experiences. This person will help make our new initiative a success by providing leadership to develop and execute effective PR and marketing strategies and bring new methods and ways of thinking to the many team members they will collaborate with. The ideal candidate has experience generating great press coverage for any of: tabletop games, video games or major entertainment brands; familiarity with young consumers, a passion for strategy games and fan communities; and is curious, flexible and collaborative when facing challenges and opportunities alike.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop strategies to generate accurate, positive earned media placements for the Transformers TCG through thorough research, flexible planning and creative thinking. Develop metrics to measure success and impact and adjust strategy and tactics based on that data as needed.
• Collaborate with PR firm and internal colleagues to create press releases, talking points, FAQs and messaging used in multiple communications venues.
• Advise executives and creators on varied complex and critical decisions that have significant impact and prepare and colleagues for interviews and appearances.
• Manage marketing and PR initiatives targeting widely differing consumer segments including kid and adult fans of Transformers.
• Plan for and provide counsel to teams during crisis situations and lead crisis response.
• Experience creating and executing effective media relations strategies.
• Ability to coordinate and align multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Contacts and relationships with influencers and press in the gaming industry.
• Experience managing complex, high stakes issues and crisis situations, including sudden unexpected opportunities as well as problems.
• Familiarity with being a part of and working with dedicated, passionate fan communities.
• Comfort collaborating with and counseling leadership on crucial decisions and issues.
• Experience drafting, editing and maintaining press materials and messaging used in multiple communications channels.
• 4+ years creating/executing branded media strategies.
• Knowledge of the Transformers brand, including toy expressions.
• Connections in gaming industry media.
• Agency experience.
24 Seven is a strategic staffing and recruiting firm specializing in marketing, creative and digital talent. We partner with forward-thinking companies and brands to support their evolving talent demands. From freelance, to fulltime, and executive-level searches, we deliver talent that meets our clients’ needs both professionally and culturally with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.