Associate Creative Director
Our hot agency client is looking for a fulltime Associate Creative Director to join the team.
While this position will focus on photo and video, on any given project you may be required to tackle brand strategy, ad campaigns, retail installations, experiential events, social/digital strategy and concepting, product launches, etc. Every day’s an adventure.
You’re a master of these mediums and how they interact. You’ll be working and managing teams of various disciplines and must thrive on the energy and flow of a fast-forward work environment.
This position is the creative lead on projects. You’re responsible for translating the brief into understandable, desirable and innovative communications. You’ll need a strong background and a rich understanding of photography, videography, post- production processes and brand positioning – as well as current industry, technology and cultural trends. The Associate Creative Director brings natural leadership and sharp decision-making skills to work every day, while cultivating an overall culture of quality, excellence and fun. You’re responsible for keeping your team motivated, challenged, inspired, focused, passionate and excellent. This is a hands-on design and creative position.
Some travel may be required. Responsibilities:
• Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums, including brand campaigns, photography,
video, retail, graphics, advertising, events, and digital and social media.
• Speak to the creative solutions in an intelligent and strategic way. Direct creative so that it allows for true collaboration while ensuring designs are on track with brief and client expectations. Guide teams until the concept comes to life in a clear, understandable and memorable way.
• Ensure the quality of the creative is aligned with expectations and reputation.
• Work hands-on on creative, with great problem-solving, collaborative and design skills. Ideate/concept with other
core Creative Team members and tag-team projects with other designers/art directors.
• Collaborate with other disciplines (photographers, illustrators, film and video, etc.) and help them bring concepts to reality.
• Maintain a masterful knowledge of the client’s brand positioning and their consumer and/or audience, as well as historical knowledge of how the brand has shape-shifted and evolved.
• Give clear feedback to both internal and external creative teams, with thoughtful solutions/recommendations.
• Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
• Show exceptional listening and communicating skills. Must be able to communicate concepts and rationales to
teams and/or clients. Must feel comfortable selling your work and giving the client the tools they need to “sell the
concept up” internally.
• Listen to client feedback carefully and understand the intent and motivation of specific changes.
• Work in unified partnership with the Management Team to best guide employees and evolve
• Continue to “raise up” the Creative Team and encourage them to grow, evolve and move up in the organization.
• Stay abreast of trends without allowing them to drive creative in a way that is without content or concept or is
driven by style.
• Bring your passion for life (art, travel, music, nature, etc.) to your creative thinking and solutions.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
• 10+ years of experience in a design studio or agency background
• A portfolio that represents an emphasis on photo and video projects, along with a range of design styles,
diversity of projects and clear personal aesthetic
• Dynamic presentation and communication skills for pitching creative concepts to internal teams and clients
• Experience working with, and leading, creative teams
• Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design and art theory
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software