Associate Creative Director
Our client, a boutique digital agency, is looking for an entrepreneurial- spirited, business-solution-minded, highly communicative collaborater to join their team as their Associate Creative Director
We’re a back alley agency– innovative, agile, and galvanized. Most importantly, we’re growing – and, that’s where you come in.Every day is an adventure. Our work is multi-disciplinary. On any given day you may be asked to tackle brand development, digital strategy, marketing communication, web design, print collateral, social media integration, etc. You should understand how they work together on a holistic level and know how to inhabit the character of a brand, providing authentic, engaging solutions.
As an Associate Creative Director, you push relentlessly to make work that works for our clients.
As a leader, you’re collaborative, respectful and confident.
You’re a champion of the best ideas, even if they’re not yours. You’re also a self-starter.
You don’t need to be told what to do, but you respect guidance and a good back and forth with the Creative Director.
You’re experienced enough to know who to pull in and get the information you need.
You’re a seasoned creative with a portfolio of successful projects that you have played a leading role in designing and developing.
You have a strong design background with a solid understanding and keen grasp of current trends in branding, photography, film, typography, color and digital best practices, along with what’s going on in technology and culture.
You can come up with big ideas but still sweat the details.
You’re a confident communicator and have mastered the art of presenting your work.
• Lead collaborative idea generation with a deep understand our client's business objectives and their target audiences.
• Translate briefs and marketing plans into creative concepts that are clearly articulated in mood boards, interactive prototypes and comps– then develop presentations and storytelling vehicles to socialize and gain buy-in on your ideas.
• Inspire a team of senior and junior creatives to create cutting-edge work that achieves results
• Responsible for projects ranging from small to large and complex, managing teams and resource requirements.
• Get in the trenches and create work yourself with a mastery of design, typography and layout.
• Lead photo and video shoots from concept through post-production.
• Deliver commanding internal and client presentations; mentor your team to do the same.
• Concept big ideas and innovative tactics that can span a range of platforms.
• Help win new business through ideation and presentation.
• Lead and share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff.
• Thoroughly versed in developing integrated advertising, marketing and content strategies leveraging the latest trends in digital, physical and emerging channels.
• Experienced in art direction and production, film and photography, visual design, digital design and user experience design combined with solid knowledge of how to leverage today’s digital channels and emerging technologies.
• Expert ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to lead and mentor creative team members.
• Solid communication and influencing skills.
• Excellent writing ability - in a pinch, you can write headlines and scripts.
• Relentless in your drive to seek information and solutions.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in design; communication design, advertising design or interaction design. • Expertise working with digital platforms, emerging technologies and in-real-life experiences. • 8+ years’ directly relevant work experience. • Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Sketch, Illustrator, etc. • Strong proficiency in strategic thinking and planning.