Associate Design Sales Consultant
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-end tile stone and plumbing. As a company they are continually inspired to embrace new ideas, to explore the relationship of tile, stone and plumbing in imaginative and unexpected ways. And while they are always looking forward to what's next, our past is firmly rooted in the traditional, so they'll never forget the value of simple, appropriate design done perfectly well.
Their showroom is the pinnacle of this blending of design and tradition, creativity and luxury. This location represents great opportunities to excel in your sales career. You’ll have the opportunity to manage and develop a strategic sales plan, and to serve as the primary showroom servicing a number of top designers in the market.
As a Salesperson, you have a unique opportunity to join an intelligent, focused and passionate team, where you’ll drive and develop a wide array of relationships that span the range from walk-in retail traffic to your industry book of business. You’ll engage in strategic outreach to develop and grow your client base while being an ambassador of the brand experience. You’ll leverage your top-notch customer service and marketing experience to achieve results and you will be supported by a best in-class leadership team who will support your goals each step of the way.
Drive sales to meet and exceed sales targets:
• Provide high quality customer service to scheduled appointments and walk-in traffic
• Conduct daily follow-up on outstanding quotes
• Develop and execute marketing plans to current and potential customer base
• Participate in planning and execution of in-store events
Develop repeat sales, new relationships and future business:
• Create a strategic sales plan
• Conduct outside sales calls, marketing new and featured products
• Follow up on leads to generate new business
• Network with the professional trade through involvement in associations, meetings and events
Deliver exceptional customer service:
• Provide prompt, friendly service
• Follow up on all sales to ensure customer satisfaction and service
• Maintain a well organized, aesthetically pleasing environment
Administer sales process to ensure timely and accurate completion of all sales:
• Process quotes and sales paperwork
• Contact vendors and shippers to track orders for customers and ensure quality service
• Enter own orders when administrator is backed up to result in timely product delivery to clients
Continually develop sales skills and product knowledge:
• Develop detailed knowledge of all product lines and features
• Participate in online learning to supplement product knowledge
• Complete training courses to continually develop and hone presentation, negotiation and sales skills.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Prior sales experience required, prefer 5+ years.
Strong preference given to prior sales experience in interior or architectural design or luxury retail sales.
College degree or certificate in architecture or interior design preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekend hours and occasional evening hours for events
Highly personable, skilled at interacting with clients and prospects at a variety of knowledge and comfort levels
Strong communication skills, both written and live presentation skills
A proven track record of creative marketing skills to drive sales preferred
Excellent organizational skills
Computer savvy to navigate sales tools, reference materials, and online training