Our client is a popular fashion brand revolutionizing the industry with an innovative, on-trend approach. Their cool, fashion-forward, and chic designs celebrate your individuality and empowers you to feel your best every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season; review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets each season
• Ensure all trim designs and sample orders are handed off to production according to the calendar and assist the Designer with send outs, tracking, sending, and receiving
• Assist the Creative Director with assembling trim sheets, negotiate trim costs with vendors, confirm fabric and yarn information is current, and order sample yardage for development sample
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, including Patternmakers, development, and Technical Designers to confirm desired garment construction and look
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• Strong denim and soft wovens experience
• Tech pack experience
• Product development and sourcing experience preferred