Associate Designer, Men's
Our client is an iconic fashion brand offering apparel and accessories for every fashionista. Their cool, modern, and fashion-forward designs are applauded by celebrities and trendsetters alike.
In this position, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season; review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets each season
• Ensure all trim designs and sample orders are handed off to production according to the calendar and assist the Designer with send outs, tracking, sending, and receiving
• Assist the Creative Director with assembling trim sheets, negotiate trim costs with vendors, confirm fabric and yarn information is current, and order sample yardage for development sample
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, including Patternmakers, development, and Technical Designers to confirm desired garment construction and look
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• 3+ years’ design experience with heavyweight knits and tees, preferably in men’s
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and PDM/PLM systems