Associate Designer, Swim
Associate Swimwear Designer
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of swimwear that collaborates with retailers and licensing partners to shape the future — dynamically and sustainably.
Associate Designer Overview:
As the Associate Swimwear Designer, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Designer with researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Associate Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience working in swimwear or intimate apparel
• Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
This position does REQUIRE on-site work Monday-Friday and all COVID-19 safety protocols are firmly in place and PPE provided.