ASSOCIATE EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
This Associate Editorial Director role is responsible for drumming up smart, product-proud, on-brand campaigns and seeing those campaigns come to life. Working independently and in collaboration with other writers, designers, social media strategists, art directors and brand managers, you will help develop creative and voice-led ideas to support the continued evolution of the brand.
• Concept all monthly campaigns for the brand, including product launches, working closely with art directors & designers.
• Edit all in-season commercial work, including homepage, emails, digital media, promotions and special daily deals.
• Edit all loyalty program & credit card collateral.
• Edit all in-store signage, including product packaging and promotions.
• Manage four editorial team members, including the Senior Copywriter (Commercial), Loyalty Copywriter, Associate Copywriter (Commercial), and Senior Proofreader.
Reports to Senior Creative Director. Partners cross-functionally with Program Management, Design, Multimedia, Consumer Contacts, Strategy, and Merchandising.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Minimum educational level: BA preferred
• Ability to create and execute a broad creative copy vision and write/edit in an editorial voice
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Ability to juggle multiple projects & deadlines efficiently
• Strong presentation skills; must be comfortable presenting work with leadership
• Current and evolving sense of pop culture and fashion trends
• Mastery of the English language
• 10+ years editorial experience, preferably with a fashion retailer or in retail advertising
• 4+ years managerial experience leading teams
• Knowledge of marketing materials and processes