Associate Product Developer
Lifestyle Brand based in Orange County is looking for an Associate Product Developer to join their team!
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Work with Merchandising on proposed product mix, design aesthetic and corporate target IMU goals.
2. Create comprehensive technical packages that meet the product’s goals for innovation, function, fit and commercial viability
3. Work with Design, Technical Design and the vendors to create fit and wear prototypes to ensure proper fit and functionality
4. Communicate with sourcing offices and vendors; written and verbal, on pertinent design/development related issues
5. Negotiate with vendors/factories to achieve costs in order to meet target wholesale and gross margin targets. Suggest alternatives when relevant.
6. Establish and monitor time/action calendars to hit target calendar dates including proto, Photo Shoot, Sales Samples, Pre-production through Bulk.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2-3+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3+ years of product development experience is required and/or product management experience with an understanding record of managing product from concept to completion. Experience in the Action Sports or Apparel industry desired.
• Sense of fashion and trend in relation to the Skate & Surf industry desired.
• Knowledge of materials used and the engineering and manufacturing processes used to build Vans products
• Intermediate Computer Drawing skills for technical and construction detail sketches & related art using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office software & PLM Systems
• Aptitude for systems and systematic work
• Must possess strong knowledge of costing, garment construction, and all pre-production coordination.