Associate Sweater Designer
Our client is a world leader in the design, development, and sourcing of consumer goods. With offices throughout Europe and the US, they provide a range of private label products including apparel, footwear, and accessories.
Working hand-in-hand with their customers, our client offers a unique bespoke creative service. Retailers are able to offer their customers on-trend, well-made and affordable product by partnering with our client.
In the Associate Sweater Designer role you will support the Design Director in the seasonal design development process by creating original, on-trend designs from concept to delivery.
- Take direction from the Design Director for design research including competitive analysis, inspirational images, develop concepts, and prepare presentation boards for meetings
- Design and develop swatches, create detailed Adobe Illustrator flats, CADing multiple color ways and patterns, hand sketch, assist in preparation of spec sheets, create layouts, prepare line sheets and update as necessary
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar, maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval, maintain yarn/trim library
- Review lab dips, coordinate print and graphics when needed, assist with fit process, keep detailed notes
- Communicate with internal partners including tech design and production
- Build relationships with vendors
- 2-4 years fashion industry related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, focus on knitwear a plus
- Passion for sweaters
- Understanding of/experience in Juniors
- Trend awareness
- Understanding of knitwear gauges and machinery
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, yarns, and trims
- Strong ability to communicate ideas through hand sketching
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player while still meeting deadlines