Associate Tech Designer
Our client is an iconic American men’s and women’s fashion brand that is dedicated to bringing fun, classic, high-quality clothing to its customers. The company is all about the people – employees included – and takes pride in giving back and doing what’s best for its teams, its customers and their communities. The company is all about creating a work environment that is conducive to creativity & getting things done. Their cool, modern offices and warm and inviting company culture are just 2 examples of how they achieve that.
In this role you will be responsible for the transition of product from development to production ready.
• Owns executing design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standards
• Collaborate with business partners on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction
• Lead fit session on live model or mannequin, work with Designers to achieve design aesthetic and finalize fit of a trend right style that meets customer expectations
• Effectively communicate fit intent, design aesthetic and construction leveraging current technologies to a vendor in a universal language to achieve quality samples
• Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction, fit intent and design aesthetic
• Identify potential production, quality and costing and design issues and make appropriate recommendations
• 2-3 years experience in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit for multiple or complex product
• Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills and ability to multi task
• Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
• Strong computer skills