Associate Technical Designer - Backpacks
Our client is a leader in the Youth Character License market. They have a passion for creating and marketing brands, both proprietary and licensed! Their categories include: backpacks, gift & room décor, luggage & travel, handbags, stationery, and cold weather accessories.
In this role you will be creating technical designs for backpacks and working with the licensing department to insure the designs fit within the criteria of the brand.
- Support the creative design process by executing and updating detailed tech packs
- Support the sample development process and ensure seasonal deadlines are met
- Participate in sample reviews with design, merchandising, and production partners
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity
- Support spec, construction, & maintain proportion & detailing on all samples
- 2+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree in design, manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be a team player
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly detail organized