Beauty Global Product Innovation Manger-Long Beach, CA
Our client is one of the leading professional skincare companies globally. They are looking for a Global Product Innovation Manager for their office in LA, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work closely with Senior Director, Global Product Innovation to develop, manage and implement brand marketing support materials and new product launches to maximize growth potential and build brand equity. Manage all aspects of program development from concept to final program delivery. Global Marketing Strategy
• Responsible for developing and managing all marketing launch support including training materials, samples, product directories, etc.
• Support strategic vision of the business by gathering data, analyzing for patterns and trends, and making recommendations.
• Monitor the performance of marketing support materials, new launches and existing business and provide actionable recommendations to improve defined category.
• Provide departments with timely information regarding all programs, including product lineups, positioning, support and pricing strategies. Liaise regularly with domestic and international marketing teams to ensure programs meet market needs. Execute special market requests as needed.
• Analyze global product performance. New Product Development Marketing
• Participate in the conceptual development and management of new product launches.
• Responsible for managing the development of launch strategies including concept, product positioning and launch tools.
• Initiate the development process by issuing all necessary paperwork and clearly communicating project details and objectives to all support groups.
• Collaborate with key cross-functional teams to bring new products and programs to market (e.g. – R&D, Operations, Creative, Education, Sales and Regions).
• Act as point person for cross-functional teams in terms of anticipating, identifying and seeking resolution of developmental and operational issues.
• Ensure that programs meet strategic and financial objectives are met and executed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for SKU management for managed category.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 5-7 years’ experience in beauty, working on new product launches and/or promotional programs that have been executed at a global level
• Exceptional communication skills are a must, as is the ability to build and develop internal and external relationships.
• To find success within this role, candidate must demonstrate the ability to see the “big picture” and work at a strategic level, thinking independently on what will drive success for the brand.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Position requires strong analytical, leadership, conceptual and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication, excellent presentation skills, ability to personally organize and set priorities and to drive other people.
• Knowledge of the functions of product development, packaging design, advertising, and sales and their effect on product marketability.
• Position requires creativity and thorough knowledge in all areas of marketing including the ability to develop and implement innovative marketing programs, knowledge of global market/consumer trends.
• Attention to detail, good follow-through, and consistent professional ethic.
• Computer literacy in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet.