Beauty Product Development Director-Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated, dedicated professional to serve as Director of Product Development-BEAUTY. The selected candidate will play a key role in initiating new formula development in all personal care categories.
Located in West Los Angeles, CA
- Understand and communicate each brands identity and customer target.
- Analyze seasonal trends and new product concepts for development.
- Create formula development strategies with the guidance of the Chief Creative Officer, Brand Manager and VP of Product Development.
- Responsible for ensuring that formula development for skin care, body care, hair care, fragrance, gift and color cosmetic lines are consistent with market trends as well as business and brand strategy.
- Seasonally source new product formulas/color/concepts through vendor relations, industry data, and competitive shopping and fashion trends.
- Oversee raw material vendor sourcing and raw material vendor approval process.
- Work with any and all R&D manufacturing facilities to properly instruct on formula development based on establish Product Development Requests.
- Approve or physically oversee approval of scale up manufacturing bulk for production
- Provide key formula status to Product Management team following established protocols and processes.
- Manage interaction with cross-functional teams (Creative, Marketing, Sourcing, Product Management and Regulatory) on formula requirements related to product sales and marketing.
- Follow artwork copy process with Regulatory, Product Manager and Design for specific formula details (FIL, Directions, Ingredient and Marketing Benefit Callouts, Etc.)
- Participate in client and retailer presentations
- Attend trade shows and review trend analysis and industry publications.
- Show effective leadership and ability to support VP of Product Development
- Oversee and manage timelines with Product Development Coordinators Plan, prioritize and direct while retaining focus on big picture goals including financial parameters of concept and formula development.
- Maintain a consistent organized work environment and ongoing motivation to reach objectives under fast-paced circumstances.
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years of Product Development background within the Health and Beauty, Cosmetics or Fragrance areas.
- Previous experience at a Manufacturing Facility or with a Raw Material Manufacturing would be a PLUS Experience in all categories of personal care development preferred but Skin and Body Care experience are mandatory.
- Some knowledge of package and product sourcing is beneficial
- Strong Computer Experience: Microsoft Office; Excel, Word – MAC knowledge preferred
- Past history of full participation in developing and managing product from ideation to execution.
- Previous financial accountability for a brand, business, or program would be a PLUS Proven presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills Ability to work with cross-functional teams including; marketing, creative, operations, logistics, regulatory, etc to bring concepts to life in-store/in-brand.
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."