Beauty Product Development Manager-Simi Valley, CA
THIS NATURAL BEAUTY/SKINCARE/HAIR/BODY CARE COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN AMAZING AND EXPERIENCED PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER IN SIMI VALLEY, CA
Responsible for skin care product category, in accordance with the brand promise and strategic category plan
• Help to create product-level strategy and competitive market analysis (product level)
• Work with SVP Marketing & Product Brand Director on new product launch strategies
• Create and maintain launch calendars on an on-going basis
• Undertake various marketing analytics such as: product performance sales, competitive environment, post launch, regional, and sales analyses
• Assist in other project work / ad hoc task forces New Product Development
• Participate in development of Product Idea Generation & Product Conceptual Development
• Create Design Briefs from competitive review, market trends, and mood board direction
• Issue New Items Product Briefs (with Annual Quantities, Comparative Cost Targets, etc.)
• Evaluate packaging and formulation submissions
• Conduct Panel Test Questionnaires and C.U.T. or other testing (Focus Groups)
• Undergo necessary NPD steps such as name clearance/ artwork preparation/ proofing and trafficking/ preparation of mockups
• Lead product testing for claims and branding.
• Work cross-functionally through document management and collaboration to ensure launch timing.
• Prepare for and attend marketing meetings, conferences and trade shows, as needed
• Support key launch new product communication development (catalogue copy promotional material, videos, photos, social media directions, sales support material, etc.)
• Review catalogue branding product layouts and create product text direction
• Manage the Marketing NPD Tracking Schedule update
• Promote in a positive spirit the lateral teamwork between assigned products/ brands and interdepartmental NPD partners (Manufacturing, R&D, Purchasing)
• Build strong mutually respectful relationships with external parties including suppliers and external designers
Degree in Business Administration, product development, marketing or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5+ years of product development and marketing experience within the Skin Care or other Personal Care industry, a must.
Excellent conceptual development skills.
Strategic/analytical thinking combined with strong numeric and verbal reasoning.
Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
Creative with a strong knowledge of beauty trends.
Ability to work with others; to create a cross-departmental successful team environment.
Other: Willingness to travel