Beauty Product Development Manager-Ventura County, CA
Our Client is one of THE fastest growing Color Cosmetic brands in the US and they are looking for a strong and current Beauty/Color Cosmetics Product Development Manager at their corporate office in Northwest San Fernando Valley, CA area.
Partner with PD Director to drive all phases in developing on-trend, innovative and high-quality Cosmetic products. This role focuses on identifying beauty trends through competitive research and social listening, concept development, formula and color evaluation with a strong emphasis on speed and quality. The Product Development Leader will manage the full cycle from concept to launch for color cosmetics. The ideal Product Development professional will thrive in a nimble and entrepreneurial environment to develop highly innovative products within fast beauty.
Main objectives of this role:
70% of this position is centered around cross-functional partnership with R&D to support concurrent seasonal projects. This will include working with the Director and VP on new product concepts, creating lab requests, evaluating multiple project submissions daily, providing timely and concise feedback to formulator, and managing approvals within fast-track project timeline.
30% evaluating the competitive landscape, analyzing trends, and identifying product extensions to develop a PD pipeline for future launches.
• Prepare development samples and materials for meetings with partners and Director to discuss ongoing projects, proposed concepts, color trends and competing brands data within the color space
• Develop product briefs, analyze current assortment and provide assortment options
• Oversee all aspects of product development cycle from inception to launch including identifying product attributes and performance targets, formula development, formula modifications, shade matching, production batch approvals, and comp requests.
• Partner with the Manufacturing teams (production and compounding) for the scale up process, batch reviews and production runs
• Identify opportunities to optimize revenue and profit via improvements to existing formulas
• Utilize trends and knowledge of competitive landscape to identify gaps in the current product assortment
• Develop claims and marketing story behind each product to support campaigns, displays and sell sheets
• Provide guidance to dotted line team members Product Development Specialist and Coordinator to support projects
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in cosmetics product development
• Strong ideation and conceptual skills
• Must be detail oriented, organized and able to relay concise feedback within org.
• Must be a strategic thinker, flexible, self-starter, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
• Team player, reliable partner, and collaborative thinker is a must
• Strong project management skills