Beauty Product Development Manager - Woodland Hills, CA
Product Development Specialist/Supervisor for a growing beauty company based in Woodland Hills, CA
This Product Development specialist will participate in the rapid product development process to launch on-trend products.
- Write product and shade descriptions that are consistent and easy to understand for the customer.
- Maintain an extensive and up to date knowledge of competitor brands’ launches and products to ensure the product is remaining competitive in the market.
- Propose new formulas and shades that align with current trend and market.
- Review shades and forms to ensure accuracy.
- Organize the run report and focus groups to attain correct and concise data that is helpful to the brand.
- Work on seasonal edit and trend campaigns.
- Navigate through social media outlets to identify trends.
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and research skills.
- Extensive knowledge of cosmetic brands, formula and product types, color, and influencers.
- AA or Undergrad degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field preferred.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience in beauty, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- You are a makeup expert
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- You are a high functioning employee who is capable of managing multiple outlets and projects at the same time.
- You thrive under pressure and are able to handle multiple due dates and stressful situations.
- You are a self-starter who takes the initiative to implement change rather than waiting for someone to suggest what you should do.
- You are detail-oriented, process driven and operate at all times with a sense of urgency.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit, embrace uncertainty, and take the initiative to bring structure and order where it does not exist.
- You have handled projects requiring a high level of confidentiality and understand the detrimental effects that take place when confidentiality is broken.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”