Our client is looking for an experienced Benefits Manager to lead the U.S. benefits team and manage day-to-day benefits operations. This hands-on role is responsible for designing and implementing new/innovative offerings consistent with the company’s overall benefit objectives, educating employees on our benefit offerings, overseeing the smooth operation of the function, and ensuring ongoing legal compliance.
- Manage the design, implementation and administration of Company’s US benefit plans and programs, including health, welfare, time-off (including leave of absence and workers’ compensation), and other offerings.
- Establish strong partnerships with Legal, Payroll, Finance and other colleagues and lead cross-functional projects to implement new offerings, ensure compliance, and streamline operations.
- Monitor market practices, trends and requirements to ensure benefit offerings remain market competitive, fiscally responsible, and legally compliant. Recommend strategies which appropriately balance employee needs and company priorities.
- Manage annual renewals and open enrollment planning, identifying and recommending changes/enhancements to US benefit offerings and cost-sharing as appropriate.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to ensure effective promotion & understanding of US benefit offerings to new and existing employees, candidates, and family members.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities and ensure plans remain legally compliant.
- Oversee annual Form 5500 filings and audits including non-discrimination testing.
- Manage relationships with US benefit broker, advisors, carriers and vendors, ensuring high performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Provide guidance to Benefits team, HR operations team, and third-party vendors on benefits administration responsibilities (including employee inquiries, claims assistance, benefits survey completion, benefits eligibility, billing, COBRA, leave of absences, disability, and workers’ compensation administration). Provide outstanding customer service for escalated employee benefit and leave questions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of US state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and 401(k) plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to bring programs from concept to successful implementation.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook & Power Point.