Billing Data Entry Clerk
Leading Orange County medical company is looking for a Billing Data Entry Clerk to join their team!
- On-board new clinics and perform follow-up training for existing clinics
- Set-up computer(s), printer(s), label printer(s), and necessary supplies
- Educate Specimen Collector/Phlebotomist and/or office staff on products
- Identify and recommend products that best fit the clinic’s needs
- Implement collection of samples in accordance with current clinic protocol
- Educate on necessary software, i.e. Box.com, Vbasso and etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service to office staff and patients
- Travel: approximately 50% of the position; possibly up to 3-7 days at a time.
- Communicate with Sales & Marketing Operations Manager regarding processes
- Perform other tasks as specified by manager
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year prior experience in billing third party insurances for facility and professional services preferred
- Considerable experience in billing insurance, data processing and medical terminology preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Computer literate
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Typing speed of 70 WPM+
- Experience with Xifin Software and Telcor Software
- Knowledge of basic medical billing terminology
- Experience with working with sensitive patient information
- Ability to operate a computer to retrieve, review and enter data
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management