Our leading footwear and retailer is looking to add a biomechanical analyst to their team! This is an essential part of their business, as this analyst will conduct biomechanical evaluations with human testing of footwear, apparel and accessories in support of innovation and product creation for multiple end use applications. This is a freelance, 1 year contract position.
Duties and skills necessary in this role:
- Have familiarity with typical biomechanical lab equipment (e.g. motion capture systems, plantar pressure, force plates) and their operation would be an asset.
- Conduct biomechanical (and multi-disciplinary) research studies to identify the performance needs of athletes and the efficacy of product solutions
- Assist in the development of new lab methodologies, analytical techniques and acquisition/usage of new lab equipment to increase lab capabilities and efficiency
- Contribute as a strong team player on the Biomechanics and extended Performance Testing team while showing resourcefulness and initiative to complete work independently
- Effectively communicate test results to a non-technical audience; includes creation of powerful visual representation of complex data and effective report writing
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with internal cross-functional team members to understand and/or improve performance of product or innovation