Brand Manager-Color Cosmetics-West San Fernanado Valley, CA
EXCITING BEAUTY BRAND MANAGER ROLE OPEN OVERSEEING COLOR COSMETICS FOR AN AMAZING GROWING COMPANY BASED IN WEST SAN FERNANDO VALLEY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create product-level strategy and competitive market analysis
- Work with Category Director on new product launch strategies
- Create and maintain launch calendars on an on-going basis
- Undertake various marketing analytics such as: product performance sales, competitive environment, post launch, regional, and sales analyses
- Manage the category product portfolio, recommending the right mix and discontinuations to ensure the right size of line
- Work with Marketing Director to determine appropriate marketing spend & activation budgets
- Assist in other project work / ad hoc task forces.
- Participate in development of Product Idea Generation & Product Conceptual Development
- Create Design Briefs from competitive review, market trends, and moodboard direction
- Issue Concept Brief (with Annual Quantities, Comparative Cost Targets, etc.)
- Undertake analytical product evaluation with NPD assessment team
- Evaluate packaging submissions
- Conduct Panel Test Questionnaires and C.U.T. or other testing
- Undergo necessary NPD steps such as name clearance/ artwork preparation/ preparation of mockups
- Coordinate cross functional teams including package design, engineering, market forecasting and creative etc. to ensure execution of new product launches and seasonal marketing programs
- Prepare and issue market information packages and promotional material.
- Prepare and present the annual Global Product Plan based off category direction & product analytics
- Prepare for, attend and present at global/market level marketing meetings and directors conferences
- Support work on key launch new product communication development (catalogue text, promotion material, videos, photos, social media directions, sales support material, etc.)
- Prepare WW launch activation plans for key new developments
- Interact with international leaders to understand their market needs
- Create new product launch presentations and new product briefings to markets
- Review catalogue branding product layouts and create product text direction
- Achieve and communicate all relevant promotion and product details to markets.
- Work with Category Director in the size of line and product grid update
- Manage NPD Tracking Schedule update
- Keep the Product Library photography up to date
- Assist in further brand/ product development support role projects as required.
- Promote teamwork between cross department NPD partners (Manufacturing, R&D, and Markets)
- Build strong mutually respectful relationships with external parties including suppliers and external designers
Qualifications & Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4-7 years of product marketing experience, in international product development/brand management of beauty/consumer goods/Direct Selling.
- Experience within the beauty industry a must.
- Direct Sales experience considered a plus.
- Excellent conceptual development skills.
- Strategic/analytical thinking combined with strong numeric and verbal reasoning.
- Creative with a strong knowledge of color and fashion trends.
- A multi-tasker, with high level of detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with others; to create a cross-departmental successful team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. Spanish language skills a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”