As a Digital Loss Prevention Business Analyst, you’ll support the goal of providing exceptional implementation of a consistent and integrated reporting infrastructure, translating complex findings into simple formats and actionable insights. You’ll also be responsible for reporting on weekly/monthly/quarterly results and opportunities, organizing and working with other LP professionals in other geographies to drive key initiatives across the company. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem. You'll also develop high-impact presentations to communicate the health of Digital Loss Prevention and provide recommendations for opportunities. In addition, you'll lead research and analytical work to identify, resolve and help implement solutions to key business issues that arise.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Understand the vision, direction and culture of Digital Loss Prevention
• Responsible to develop and maintain reports on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly business and operational metrics; identify trends and opportunities that tell a story with data.
• Provide analysis support on projects, new initiatives and strategic business decisions.
• Lead research and analytical work to identify, resolve and implement solutions to key business issues that arise. Proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probes/considers all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conducts root cause analysis; refers to long term plans and goals; prioritizes key factors; acts decisively, promptly and confidently.
• Design and implement reporting solutions that enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
• Support in aligning process across key cross-functional partners – Supply Chain/Finance/Ops
• Support various analytics projects, and take the lead to collaborate directly with the business as needed
• You’ll lead the ongoing management of tools and processes supporting the deployment tracks, establishing scorecard metrics to monitor progress
• Monitor existing metrics and partnering with internal and external teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
• Retrieve and analyze data from various loss prevention system for both brick & mortar and our website. Turn data into visualized, actionable analysis and metrics and identify opportunities for business drivers
• Package results from analysis into one consistent cohesive message
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or experience in a related field.
• Prior experience or knowledge within Digital Loss Prevention and Payment Fraud Risk management preferred.
• Strong SQL and knowledge of database architecture required.
• 2-3 years of experience with integrating qualitative and quantitative analytics to produce holistic conclusions.
• 2-3 years of experience in broad-based business analytics roles including application of insights to complex business problems, and developing high-impact management and operational reporting.
• Experience working in an unstructured data environment preferred.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Mac/ Keynote skills highly preferred.
• Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects; experience with large scale databases and data warehouses in a business environment.
• Proven ability to turn data into visualized, actionable analysis and metrics – make data tell a story.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to articulate complex business drivers.
• Experience with other business reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau) and data warehouses and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases.