Business Development Manager (Marketing) | Permanent | Washington, DC |MUST have law firm experienc)
Title: Business Development Manager (Marketing)
Location: Washington, DC
** MUST have previous law firm or professional services experience. **
- Provide thorough and proactive presentation and pitch support and coaching to the lawyers. This may include drafting and defining pitch meeting scripts and roles, outlining presentations, creating pitch material, vetting and crafting pre-presentation questions, assessing strategy, managing projects, etc.
- Monitor industry, client and legal developments and trends, identify and communicate potential opportunities to marketing department and firm leadership, as well as lawyers.
- Assist/guide lawyers in identification and pursuit of business development prospects, along with maintenance of existing client relationships.
- Provide competitive intelligence following each pitch/proposal by crafting debrief questions and working with the lawyers to evaluate, with client feedback, our successes and downfalls in the pitch process.
-Develop and maintain an understanding of the market for legal and associated services as well as a keen understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Work with assigned lawyers to ensure that biographies, practice descriptions and office descriptions, among others, are up-to-date and ready for print and web publication.
- Respond to directories and surveys such as Chambers and Legal 500, in addition to regional awards and rankings.
- Work with the firm’s partners to issue branded client alerts, newsletters and CLE trainings. Develop and coordinate programs and events in the Washington, DC office.
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Must have previous law firm or professional services experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a discipline requiring writing, research and analysis, marketing or business
- MBAs or JDs are a PLUS