Business Planning Manager
Successful candidates will be finance and operational analysis veterans that can handle the demands of big data sets while keeping cool, are strong communicators, very detail-oriented, and know from real-world experience what it takes to build a world-class imaging operation at scale.
You will author simple yet exhaustive reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis that provide critical metrics on our performance against KPI’s and SLA’s. Partnering with the other functional leaders, you will provide ongoing data-driven feedback on performance and budgeting, driving optimization and efficiencies throughout the global studio system. And working closely with our central finance division, you will coordinate all of the Imaging division’s operational data and growth needs with finance’s broader enterprise planning schedule to develop the yearly strategic roadmap and secure funding for our most critical expansion initiatives.
As our Business Planning Manager, you will participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments and provide input into business unit planning. You will develop internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and improve business unit responsiveness; prepare and distributes timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to figure out progress against strategic plan, budget, and forecast. You will support the overall fiscal controllership of client's studio. You will actively interpret and review financial results with business managers, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- P&L oversight, including monthly forecasts and reconciliations
- Ownership of bottoms-up assumption-driven & time-series driven business forecast model
- Process cost analysis and allocation, including activity-based costing
- Photo studio facilities and throughput metrics and financial analysis, including for the editorial and post-production teams
- 3rd party vendor cost auditing and reporting
- Ad hoc operational and scenario planning analysis (Lease vs Buy) that support the overall financial integrity of the business
- Education and outreach to peers across the business and across multiple functions / channels
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate FP&A or business FP&A role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to build advanced assumption-driven financial models using quantitative and qualitative factors
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with a keen ability to communicate complex concepts to wide and diverse audiences
- Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and quickly changing business environments
- Strong work ethic, influencing skills and team player mentality
- Ability to handle multiple and opposing priorities; strong organization skills a must
- Experience leading projects and people
- Experience developing Tableau or PowerPivot dashboards
- Ability to travel 15% of time is required
- Experience in manufacturing / supply chain finance, creative operations finance, or cost accounting
- Experience working for a Fortune 500 / multinational consumer products company or national public accounting firm
- Experience using SAP is desired