Buyer - Fashion/Ecommerce (Los Angeles)
Our client is seeking talented individuals to join their growing team! You'll be part of a team of dedicated professionals applying your vision and talent to the shared goal of satisfying the fashion needs of the modern, confident, and sophisticated woman. This position will support the product development and financial planning process in accordance with line plan and production calendar for specific product lines; reviews selling at the retail level to provide analysis for future plans; acts as a liaison between design, tech, production, marketing, planning and allocations; Drives category performance in Comp Sales %, Comp Gross Margin $, and Turn to achieve Divisional Income Goal.
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies that maximize sales, margin, inventory turnover, visual presentation and customer satisfaction
- Own the Merchandising strategy as well as Inventory management for our website
- Responsible for sales volume, margin performance and inventory turn
- Responsible to partner with manager to develop seasonal strategies that align with overall strategic vision
- Develop and articulate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities weekly.
- Maintain comprehensive oversight of all phases of managing the business: OTB, sales reporting (re-caps), and communicate findings and action steps
- Partner with Planning to maximize sales and profit
- Support the conceptual development of future lines by generating style recap, analyzing prior best sellers and design trend boards, regional summaries, trend analyses and competitive market research reports
- Initiate and maintain a strong and open communication with corporate partners including Design, Production, Tech Team, Merchants and Visual Team
- Shop market for trend research, competitive product and business strategies
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Retail Administration, Merchandising, Business, or other related field and/or related experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and strong problem-solving and skills
- Own the merchandising strategies and buy for both brick & mortar stores and online
- Own seasonal planning and in-season forecasting
- Inventory Management
- Site and Market research
- Trend research and analyses
- Works well with cross functional partners to effectively drive business
Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.