A leading beauty company based in Orange County is currently looking for a Buyer/Planner to assist their team!
Optimize levels of inventory while managing the supply of components/raw materials/Finished Goods to support the production plan.
- Define methods and supply parameters and communicate to Master Scheduling and the UP’s
- Analyze and send monthly supply schedules to suppliers
- Anticipate and inform on any supply issues to minimize impact
- Work on medium term strategy with suppliers to ensure awareness of any capacity issues
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers
- Formalize working processes
- Key indicators
- Monitoring of supply performance
- Develop logistics specifications per product
- Initiate and drive improvement/agility projects
- Manage the Days Of Supply parameters to ensure alignment with budget
- Analyze and report monthly on excess and obsolete
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Strong written/verbal, communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
- HS diploma required
- SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Standard MS Office applications
- Macola (preferred)