Buying Assistant / PO Clerk
Our client is a specialty retailer offering well-known apparel, shoes, accessories, and home brands. Their on trend, high quality, and dynamic approach presents endless opportunity for customers to live stylishly every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing purchase order management, administration, and process markdowns to support the designated buyers. You would also be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with vendors and working with vendors to resolve issues and follow-up.
- Oversee purchase order management, administration, and process markdowns to support the designated buyers
- Write and update orders, manage cancellations, and communicate necessary follow-up internally and externally to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed
- Evaluate key business issues as directed by the supervisor; monitor regional merchandise reports, open-to-buy monitoring, stock analysis, and other ad hoc analyses
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and collaborate with vendors to resolve issues and follow-up
- Generate reports by utilizing merchandising systems and share product information with the buyer for competitive shopping, shopping company stores, and the market
- Manage the open-to-buy to ensure availability of having liquidity for opportunistic buys; oversee packaway strategy to offset additional costs of storing merchandise
- Strong organizational, analytical, retail math, and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."