Category Manager, Mens Apparel
**This position is located on the Central California Coast. Some relocation assistance will be provided.**
Our client, a leading retail brand, is looking for a Category Manager for their Men's Apparel department. This is an opportunity to greater define what men's apparel means to our customers and to help us shape future with our current growth plans.
- Work closely with DVP to define business strategy using key learnings and trends at division and category level.
- Within the pod, the Category Manager will execute and manage the optimum category/ product assortment to deliver against the agreed targets.
- The Category Manager will drive sales and share growth, ensuring all strategic goals are met.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
- This position maximizes the potential of the products by creating the right assortment plans.
- He/she is constantly ensuring consumer insight and trends are obtained and delivered efficiently and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High professional maturity
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Good understanding of the watersports goods / water life industry
- Sense of trend and development in apparel industry
- Strong presentational skills
- Demonstrate finesse in developing vendor relationships
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 plus years-experience in Category Management or Merchandising