Our client is a leading specialty company creating the most delicious and nutritious snacks for the whole family. Their high-quality, all natural, and easy to eat snacks enable every family to live healthy lives while on the go!
In this role, you would be responsible for overseeing the strategic development and implementation of the best in class category assortment. You would also be responsible for creating the strategy for shelving to drive category household penetration and consumption while expanding retail presence.
• Implement future vision for assigned category and prospective category expansion; develop three year business plan with long term assortment and shelving road map
• Present category thought leadership to Field Sales Directors and retail customers for long term business planning
• Partner with the Director of Consumer and Market Intelligence to perform foundational shopper research to identify optimal aisle and shelf placement
• Translate data to develop shopper insights and identify emerging market trends; define category strategies by class of trade based defined in the channel path to market strategy
• Identify tactics across assortment, space, location, POS and promotion to deliver against the opportunity within the category strategy
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Field Sales, Sales Agency Brokers, retail teams and third party vendors
• Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA a plus
• 7+ years’ consumer goods/food industry experience in category management and/or business development
• Experience with sales analytics, project management, negotiations, and working with retail partners
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, IRI scanner, and panel data