Claims and Benefits Processor
Our finance client is looking to add a Claims and Benefits Processor onto their team! This role is 6 month contract in Portland, Oregon. The main function of the Benefits Processor is to analyze disability claim information, make benefit decisions and payments on lower liability claims; administer low maintenance claims; provide administrative support for the department's management of disability claims including the set-up and distribution of new claims; provide responsive customer service to claimants, policyowners, Benefits staff, and group offices. This is an essential part of administrative tasks and will be a valued part of the team!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience (2 years’ experience).
- Attention to detail and accuracy; express ideas clearly in written and verbal form; prioritize tasks to meet multiple and changing deadlines; accurately keyboard 35 WPM; customer service.
- Ability to review documents for completeness and follow up to secure missing information; analyze claim facts and apply contract provisions accurately.
- Ability to understand and apply Federal, State and local laws and regulations affecting claim investigation, disability decisions and taxation of benefits, such as Fair Claim Settlement Practices Act, ERISA, and Federal, State and local tax withholding and reporting requirements as they apply to low liability.
- Ability to adjust schedule to accommodate peak work periods or department workload; use department's automated claim system and other computer applications.
- Working knowledge of Office equipment including a word processor or personal computer.