Communications Specialist, fulltime role
This organization is dedicated to bringing podiatry customers the highest quality laboratory services and products. We are committed to supporting the continuing education and growth of the professionals that we serve. We will work diligently to exceed all expectations and deliver unparalleled service to improve patient outcomes. With more than 230 employees, and a national footprint - we look for talented people to expand our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Communications Specialist (CS) will be responsible for assisting in company’s communication strategy. The CS will facilitate communications, both digital and print, that encourages action and showcase corporate support, academic content, and the groundbreaking work occurring within. The CS will serve in a collaborative role, working with executive leadership, IT, sales team members, and in-house staff members. The CS will serve add and maintain website content and facilitate social media outreach, facilitate print and digital advertising and client communications (email e-blast communications and client newsletter).
The primary function of this position is to facilitate communication for our existing service lines, new services and/or lab features. The CS will maintain and update the website content in order to connect our online assets with a seamless and integrated approach. The CS will facilitate marketing communication campaigns through the execution of social platform strategies, online advertising, print advertising, email marketing, website management and public relations.
Working within the Marketing Team, this entry-level position is an exciting opportunity to assist in enhancing our communications and play a key role in contributing to company’s continued success.
- Organize, maintain and update website content as directed. Assist with Search Engine Optimization, keyword research and analytics.
- Facilitate digital communications via social media, client newsletter, client email strategies, digital newsletter ads/communications, and other digital forums. Implement “Search and Social” strategies.
- Facilitate requests for digital content from clients.
- Facilitate print ads for major publications and association newsletters.
- Facilitate digital ads for association e-newsletters.
- Assist in the production of videos and images for online and social media platforms.
- Other marketing/communication tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or a combination of relevant experience with education) in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Design, Film, or related field. Strong evidence of experience in digital communications.
- Evidence of proficiency in Adobe Create Suite.
- Evidence of proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Must possess functional knowledge and experience with web page layout/formatting and languages, WordPress experience required.
- Knowledge and experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and Google Analytics. Preferred knowledge of principles of "search and social."
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and social media analytics. Experience with the deployment of digital/social marketing across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Preferred experience developing templates for multiple browsers and mobile devices.
- Preferred experience delivering email campaigns using major email marketing platforms, email optimization and testing tools, email sign-up forms, onboarding automations.
- Basic graphics skills
- Basic photography skills, including image & video editing.
- Must be highly creative, analytical and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to follow instructions, volunteer ideas and solutions, and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and provide self-direction and inspiration