Content Director (EUROPE) Amsterdam
Our client recognizes a tremendous growth potential within the digital platforms and has decided to further develop the digital expertise at the European Headquarters, focusing on all digital platforms, such as online retail, on line brand experience, on line media, social media and on line press, as well as bringing it to live in brick & mortar retail. Therefore as part of the in-house Agency team – they are looking for a Content Director.
The Content Director Europe- oversees all marketing content development across 3 key brands. The key responsibilities of this role are: To introduce an editorial model into the company, publishing content that increases the effectiveness of each channel – driving brand positioning, traffic, engagement and sales.
- Develop content that supports the marketing strategy and collection sell through
- Continuously evolve content based on user data (e.g. time on site, engagement, click through, conversion, average order value and return traffic)..
- Supervise all writers and editors on consistency and quality.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search.
- Translate the seasonal marketing and merchandizing calendar into a consumer centric editorial calendar and work closely with the marketing team and the in house creative team to develop editorial stories.
- Integration of content activities within 360 degree marketing campaigns.
- Gather data and steer analytics and make recommendations based on those results. Work with owners of particular content to revise strategies and tactics.
- Dramatically improve localization / translation – create local relevance within Global brand tone.
- Establish process, work flow and team to implement the editorial model. Screen out sales driven briefs and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Set tone of voice for company websites including intranet and careers site
Desired Skills and Experience
Open minded and highly communicative, you’re a change manager who can motivate, inspire, lead AND evolve the team.
- 10 years+ experience in a leading fashion editorial role
- Fluent in English. Preferably bi-lingual or multi lingual
- Able to work responsibly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in multi-channel content creation
- Familiar with web analytics tools, social media management applications and monitoring platforms (Radian6, Brandwatch)