We are partnering with one of our clients to fill a direct-hire Content role!
Essential Job Functions:
• Research topics including company history; product uses, features, and benefits; and trends in the natural foods industry.
• Write copy for product packaging; print, digital and radio advertisements; and other marketing collateral as needed.
• Copyedit and proofread marketing materials, including product packaging.
• Give direction to graphic designers for creating marketing materials such as ads, brochures and flyers.
• Ensure all marketing content is in accord with the style and brand image, as well as being accurate and in compliance with FDA regulations.
• Create and maintain company style guide for written content.
• Communicate and maintain positive relationships with vendors and other departments.
• Keep accurate records and share changes with pertinent parties.
• Keep electronic files up-to-date and organized with archived proofs.
• Assist with other marketing department tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive experience in copywriting and copyediting, preferably for consumer packaged goods.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
• Remains calm under pressure and has the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
• Takes direction well, follow instructions accurately and ask for help when necessary.
• Makes and own decisions about the direction of a project when required.
• Has a basic understanding of baking and cooking.
• Experience writing, editing or proofreading recipes or other food related content is a plus is preferred.
• Experience in project management.
• Interest in natural foods and nutrition.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
• 2 year degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical Demands: Position requires ability to sit for up to approximately 2 hours at a time.