Cosmetic/Beauty QA Manager-Los Angeles, CA
NEEDED QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER FOR A TOP PRESTIGE BEAUTY/COSMETIC BRAND LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES, CA
Ensure all external and internal requirements/specifications are met before products reach customers. Responsible for inspecting procedures, identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues, Corrective Action and Preventive Action.
Essential Job Functions
• Supervises and trains personnel to inspect product line in various stages of production to ensure quality.
• Supervises 5 QA inspectors.
• Oversees domestic and overseas inspection.
• Collaborates with Operations/Warehouse regarding shipment priorities, status of shipments, rework, expiration date, on site inspection and other quality related matters.
• Collaborates with Vendors to ensure corrective and preventive action are in place for rejected shipments.
• Coordinates on site inspection with the Vendor.
• Keeps track and reports quality performance by Vendor and by product.
• Generates and maintains other records of quality, statistical reviews and relevant documentation.
• Investigates customer complaints and collaborate with other management to ensure corrective and preventive actions are in place.
• Maintains a library of product standards.
• Establishes inspection procedures and specifications and continuously find improvements to reduce defect rates
• Helps develop and maintain a QA budget.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of QA Managerial experience or relevant role
• Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
• Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods • Good knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication skills • Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
• Reliable and Trustworthy Other Skills and Abilities Multi-tasking. Time Management. Detail-Oriented. Ability to change project directions quickly.
Physical demands- Standing and Sitting for long periods of time, Lifting (up to 35 lbs), Utilizing the pallet jacks to move pallets and boxes in the warehouse