Our client, a reputable lifestyle/apparel brand, is seeking a Creative Director.
The Creative Director will oversee and drive the brand vision by going beyond creative and touching everything that reaches our customers. Individual will be responsible for the entire creative process from concept to delivery including advertising, events, online, and in store. The Creative Director will lead the creative direction of the marketing team through vision and collaboration with key stake holders from Merchandise Planning, Product Design, Visual Merchandising, and external agencies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build, manage, mentor and inspire an internal creative team to deliver the most effective creative messaging and design; establish credibility by bringing fresh ideas and approaches to all creative work.
- Collaborate and work closely Merchandising and Design, Visual Merchandising, and Store Operations to deliver a clear and consistent brand experience and high quality creative concepts for brand and marketing programs.
- Develop new and creative ways to connect to our customers in ways that are relevant to their lives.
- Ensure all projects follow brand guidelines and communicate the most effective and motivating value propositions and messaging.
- Establish style guides, develop templates and provide creative support and direction for implementation and distribution of marketing materials.
- Continually looks for ways to streamline processes and procedures
- Develop and coordinate the appropriate external resources for production work, photography, freelance design, and illustration as needed
- Ensure that the creative function operates in an effective and profitable manner
- Proven experience and capabilities in moving brand awareness through new and innovative solutions
- Manages the Brand Creative function including selection, mentoring, coaching, team building, performance management and assessment, and rewards and recognition to build a mature, high performing and engaged team while ensuring on time and on scope delivery of creative outputs
- Establishment of long term creative strategy for brand to enable multiyear intergraded creative solutions that will enable brand consistency, operational efficiency and agile implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in design or related course of study or equivalent
- 5-7 years of industry related experience
- Experience with both men’s and women’s retail - **Must have experience with in-house retail brand**
- Agency background is a PLUS
- Knowledge of all design related programs on Mac, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Strong Creative background with an understanding of industry trends
- Ability to work collaboratively with team & independently on assignments
- Team player