Accessory company based in San Diego is looking for a Creative Director to join their team.
What you will do:
- Manage, direct, and mentor design members and external design resources in developing design concepts and materials as well as assigning project responsibilities
- Work with copywriter to provide clear direction on brand voice for products and brand related projects
- Develop, lead & manage creative direction for product launches, sales and promotions
- Responsible for developing creative briefs and moodboards for all branded campaigns
- Lead strategic product, graphic & color direction for all product categories including advertising, web, catalogs and point-of-purchase collateral, etc.
- Provide direction and support for all Blenders branded design projects including product, merchandising, retail store, event activations, etc.
- Responsible for all direction on product packaging, stickers, insert cards, etc
- Direct photographers and videographers to create consistent world class content
- Art direct photoshoots on time, on budget & on brand - capturing content for world class marketing initiatives
- Work with product dev team to develop and execute product graphics and color direction
- Responsible for providing hands-on design execution, management and mentorship of design members and external design partners in developing design concepts and
materials as well as assigning project responsibilities to team members;
- Lead the design execution and approve production readiness of projects created for marketing and sales assets
- Mentor and support other creatives and foster a work experience that provides room for my team to feel empowered, supported and celebrated.
Our Creative Director must:
1. Lead by Example
- Can make decisions and manage team w/ con?dence.
- Manage projects on time + on brand
- Can challenge team and bring out strengths
- Has a mature approach with clear communicator
- Is grounded and handles things gracefully.
- Can adapt FAST to multiple tasks and requests.
- Be FAST, AGILE and NIMBLE on project execution (being proactive & reactive)
- Is willing and able to change gears quickly.
- Accepts doing a variety of activities as part of the role and isn’t constrained by what the job “should be.”
- Nimble & Agile on project budgets
- Is able to ?gure things out on his/her own.
- Can make decisions and make things happen.
- Can take direction and run
- Can ?nd out how to do things or where to get things independently.
- Is emotionally supportive.
- Is understanding and patient.
- Is compassionate and caring.
5. Positive and willing
- Is a friendly, personable, and happy person.
- Is willing to jump in whenever needed.
- Goes the extra mile.
6. Our strategic partner
- Acts as our partner in getting things done.
- Is aligned with our values and focus.
- Understands the bigger picture and looks at the overall context.
7. A detail-oriented planner
- Wildly organized
- Can handle a high degree of detail.
- Looks and plans ahead.
8. Open-minded and interested in learning
- Is open to new ideas and di?erent ways of doing things.
- Is interested in learning and growing, personally and professionally.
- Is interested in understanding why, not just handling tasks.
How do we work with our Creative Director?
- Most important, we make sure to keep our CD is in the loop with our priorities—both in terms of projects and key objectives. Usually this will mean having daily and/or weekly meetings to connect and make sure we are on the same page.
Creative Director will Manage / Lead / Create the following:
- Photoshoots (Moodboards)
- Video Direction
- Product Launches (Pre, Launch and Post Launch)
- Multi Channel Branding (Events, Retail, Print, Web, Social)
- GTM strategies
- Insert Cards / Stickers
- Product Packaging
- Style Guides
- Media Kit / Brand Book
- Brand Guidelines
- Design team
- Flyers / Posters
- Retail Store Graphics
- Landing Pages
- Events / Live Activations
- Copywriter / Brand copy / Storytelling
12 Cylinder Creative Department //
- A CD that is ?nally tuned that i’m not worried about anymore.
- A CD that is always leading, learning and always improving skill sets
- A CD that stands on its own and other competitors are jealous of
- A CD that has no more bad surprises w/ approvals
- A CD that has a reliable and dependable calendar
- A CD that runs marries data and creativity
- A CD that do 2x the work in half the time and 2x more content produced
- A CD that is energetic, supportive and fearless team that is executing
- A CD that produces consistent next level content w/ both video and photo
- A CD that tells amazing stories and inspires its customer
- A CD that humanizes its touch points and “wows” people
- A CD that can pivot, create, and adapt quickly
- A CD that is THINKING BIG and DOING BIG. ALL THE TIME.