Creative Operations Manager
Leading beauty brand is currently looking for a Creative Operations Manager to join their team!
• Establish tracking mechanisms and timelines that result in efficient operation and timely release for domestic and international requests while educating requesters on achievable timelines and requirements to start a job.
• Co-own the development and timeline of the merchandising portion of the seasonal Creative Asset Guidelines while closely collaborating with all necessary stakeholders to continue to develop assets that facilitate and support our global growth and long-term business goals
• Communicate deliverable due dates with Design, Visual Merchandising, IBD and Global Marketing teams to ensure seasonal collateral start and due dates are honored.
• Know status of approvals for all Merchandising projects at all times. Help prioritize daily and give summaries to upper management as necessary.
• Understand the project flow/connections between steps and anticipate bottlenecks and deadlines to consistently maintain on time schedules and help prioritize jobs.
• Facilitate daily and weekly meetings with the Design and Merchandising teams to help understand status and prioritize projects to keep them on time and resolve workflow bottlenecks.
• Facilitate meetings with cross-functional business unit partners to resolve issues and keep projects on time.
• Provide timely recaps with clear next steps and owners to help keep projects on track.
• Actively attend project kickoff meetings or regular conference calls with international and domestic affiliates and stakeholders. Communicate next steps to facilitate on brand collateral and realistic project timelines. Communicate all necessary details and continue to collaborate with coordinators and creative team throughout the project lifecycle as needed.
• Assist in training requesters and project team members on Robohead, Box.com and additional project and digital asset management platforms.
• Build and maintain knowledge of past and current project scopes, requesters’ requirements, creative guidelines, and visual rights to facilitate accurate and on brand collateral. Communicate with merchandising team on overlapping requests to reduce duplication of unnecessary work and ensure consistent brand messaging.
• Conduct daily check ins with Creative Ops Director and Design and Merchandising teams to ensure projects are on track; reprioritize workload to accommodate changing timelines or new projects These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity Other duties as assigned
• Team player who initiates innovative ideas and solutions to everyday and emerging situations.
• Works well under pressure, prioritizing projects according to changing deadlines, and follow-through on tasks.
• Strong writing, communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Solutions and results-oriented, flexible and able to maintain composure with all levels of the organization
• Solid understanding of project management concepts including project deliverables, milestones and scope to complete each request accurately and on time
• Calm, responsible, dedicated, positive, reliable, dynamic and enthusiastic • Solid understanding and interest of creative development and digital technologies.
• Experience dealing directly with clients/affiliates; ability to build and nurture those relationships and inspire others to do so
• A strong strategic thinker, ability to understand business needs and to think creatively while following established guidelines and process
• Previous experience and knowledge of traffic systems within design/marketing agencies, or in-house departments is beneficial
• Four year degree strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered
• 5-6 years project management experience with the ability to manage multi-platform projects from initiation through completion within a fast-paced environment
• Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize projects according to changing deadlines
• Previous experience with managing visual merchandising, sales and/or marketing collateral
• Basic MS Office Software knowledge
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign a plus.
• Resourceful navigating and use of internet and Mac computers.
• Experience managing projects, timelines and resources using project management software - Robohead, Workamij etc.