Creative Traffic Manager
The Creative Traffic Manager is responsible for working with the creative team within the Marketing Dept. to guide and manage the production of all creative projects from the starting point of initiating project plans, through development and on to project completion. The position includes estimating/pricing, traffic, production management, quality control, and deadline management. This job will be hands-on with reformatting/ proofing print deliverables.
- Manage scheduling, production and on-time delivery of all creative.
- Reviews submitted job requests and initiates with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to manage projects using Workfront.
- Proactively gathers the necessary information to plan and implement each project.
- Ensure that all essential information is present before allowing beginning projects.
- Manage time and financial resources to ensure client projects are on time and on budget.
- Generate project tracking files, assign project numbers, issue project instruction sheets and open job workflow files.
- Maintain file folders on server, ensuring proper documentation.
- Ensure all artwork is proofread for submission to the client and prior to releasing to vendor/publications.
- Verify that files are properly packaged for release and that material is signed off on and approved by internal stakeholders.
- Archive all projects upon completion.
- Make small final adjustments to artwork and reformat print deliverables as needed.
- Manage all projects via the Project Management Software application to ensure that all stakeholders and creative resources are working seamlessly through the software interface.
- Keep Director Creative Services Manager informed of any issues that would impact deadline and client relationships.
- Anticipate over- and under-utilization scenarios of creative resources and anticipating accordingly.
- Maintain working knowledge of pertinent software and peripherals needed to complete work.
- Analyze and recommend pricing by reviewing the organization’s historical pricing and gathering input from all invested internal parties as well as industry.
- Maintain preferred vendor list and the services/ technology that they provide.
- Analyze and recommend pricing by reviewing our organization’s historical pricing and gathering input from all invested internal parties as well as industry.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree in a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or;
- 3 to 5 years as a Traffic Manager in an in-house or agency environment
- Prior Workfront experience preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on complex and multiple assignments.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders.