Customer Service & Allocations Manager
Our client, an international fashion apparel manufacturer, is looking for a Customer Service & Allocations Manager! The role will work cross-functionally to ensure the timely fulfillment of all orders across various channels of distribution. S/He will direct the allocation process to realize fulfillment goals and play a critical role in on-boarding, monitoring and managing of relationships, especially those participating in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions. The Customer Service & Allocations Manager will utilize and develop periodic reporting that aligns to the Company defined performance metrics to measure performance and identify opportunities for strategic evolution.
- Manages orders from entry to shipping, ensuring orders are fulfilled and shipped on time.
- Communicate any order file allocation issues in a timely manner with the appropriate stake holders (Sales, Accounting, Production, Warehouse, etc.) and champion the corresponding solutions
- Schedule the timing of “key pick dates” across departments to maximize efficient work flow
- Direct the automatic and manual allocations/picks for their accounts and communicate any work flow disruptions to the necessary stake holders for resolution
- Tracking product flow against order shipping dates; partner with planning and production to achieve on-time shipping. Communicating any delays or issues to Sales.
- Liaise with EDI CSR to validate the complete, accurate and timely processing of all EDI transactions
- Analyzes and resolves customer concerns based on established procedures
- Ability to quickly learn ERP system to generate reports and review data that is critical in supporting Sales and processing customer requests.
- Perform other related duties as required or requested
- 2-5 years of industry experience in an allocation/fulfillment function
- Excellent communication skills, reactive and proactive
- Problem solving ability
- Proficiency with an ERP system, Microsoft AX preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office programs with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with accounts as well as co-workers
- Ability to multi-task and manage a large account-base
- Apparel industry experience with both retail and wholesale environments preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred