Our client is a known retailer near NYU hiring for a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will deliver cutting edge data systems that supports the Business Intelligence and Analytics functions within Marketing to maximize sales and drive customer loyalty. This individual will be responsible for integrating and automating data flows, designing and building data marts and managing big data systems, working with diverse on-premise systems and the Azure cloud.
• Integrate data from multiple databases across different platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and Hadoop to integrate data and build a data lake and analytical data marts.
• Work with the Lead Data Architect to determine high level data strategy for the Enterprise Data Warehouse within a Microsoft Azure environment.
• Work extensively with Azure Data Warehouse MPP database platform.
• Create logical and physical data models for operational applications and all analytic applications.
• Participate in ETL design and act as the subject matter expert on source and target data structures.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in database development and administration.
• Experience with data integration and database design.
• Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies.
• Experience with ETL tools. Microsoft SSIS preferred. Azure Data Factory nice to have
• Experience with enterprise reporting tools. Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS, Power BI or Tableau preferred.
• Familiarity with a programming/scripting language such as Java, .Net, PowerShell or Python.