Company Overview: Our client provides global customers with a total package of beauty and health solutions through brands spanning from beauty, household, and healthcare products. They are among the largest of any cosmetics company in the world and are evolving the skincare industry.
Position Overview: The Demand Planner is responsible for increasing forecasting ability to meet product demands as well as to maintain inventory levels.
-Utilize historical order and shipment data (sell-in), current POS, inventory data, sell-thru data, timing for discontinued
styles and promotional activity information to develop, continuously update, and improve demand plans for certain
brands’ sellable and non-sellable products, samples and etc.
-Develop monthly a rolling 6 month demand forecast at the SKU level for all distribution channels
-Conduct the Demand/Supply balancing in monthly S&OP meetings with Marketing, Sales and operations
-Collaterals: gather needs from Marketing/Training/Sales and provide a quarterly forecast
-Interact with multiple departments, including, but not limited to: Management, Sales, Retailers, Marketing, Sales
administration and SCM team to minimize order shortages and/or excess inventory and escalate material forecast
changes/variances which may pose an inventory/business risk
-Validate forecast/ supply plan to keep the appropriate stock level in warehouse as well as at retailer’s store level
-Work closely with HQ (Korea) for the sourcing of all sellable and non-sellable products, samples, and etc.
Qualification and Experience:
• 3 - 5 years of experience in Demand or Supply Planning / Unit Level Forecasting preferably in beauty industry
• Work experience with major retailers (department stores or Sephora) is preferred
• Understanding of supply chain is preferred (including re-order point, lot size, MOQ, safety stock, lead time)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel is required (including pivot tables & vlookups)
• Database proficiency is preferred (including creation of tables, databases and spreadsheets to analyze data)
• BA/BS from a 4 year College or University