Our client is an iconic private label creating popular apparel and accessories for every fashionista. Their cool, on-trend, and contemporary designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
In this position, you would be responsible for drafting patterns and ensuring each pattern is carried through to final pattern. You would also be responsible for working with cross-functional teams and reviewing work prior to production.
- Draft first patterns and ensure each pattern is carried through from the designer’s sketch to final pattern; ensure patterns accommodate fabric, silhouette, and proportion
- Partner with sample sewers and work from tech pack comments and follow each action point to finalize the pattern for production
- Partner with cross-functional teams, communicate clearly, and ensure patterns achieve the desired finishing spec.
- Send sample and production patterns, final specifications, and sewing instructions to factories for development and production
- Manage fittings, feedback, and pattern revisions; provide grading, pattern, and sewing support to external factories
- Review and approve work prior to production and ensure work is aligned with amendments
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
- Extensive denim patternmaking experience