Leading Orange County based Apparel Brand is currently looking for a Design Assistant!
The Design Assistant will work closely with the Design Manager by supporting design workflow, tracking samples, and keeping relevant design files updated and accurate.
· Assist with building materials and preparing for sales conferences, trade shows, marketing photo shoots, and other product presentations.
· Produce clear and detailed technical sketches.
· Source fabrics and trimmings.
· Create mood, shape and trend boards.
· Make sure samples are made on time.
· Gain ‘trim approval’ with customers.
color cards and tools necessary to communicate the line direction.
Research trends within designated categories.
Assist with organizing samples.
· Produce tech packs.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in fashion-related field
· 2+ years of related experience
· Excellent flat sketching in Illustrator and Photoshop
· Excellent hand sketching ability
· Creative flair and an eye for pattern and color
· Good time-management skills
· Commercial awareness and knowledge of the current market
· A good understanding of garment construction and costing
· Strong pattern cutting skills